Thursday, May 22, 2014

AVID

For the last three years Bre has participated in the AVID program.  Tonight they had an open house, the kids read poetry, did skits, a pay if forward promotion, a commercial they wrote, and so on and so on.  I loved Bres poem.

I AM POEM

I am... an AVID student.

My friends call me ...crazy..
I keep... my secrets to myself.
I remember...nothing.

I shout...only when I'm really mad.
I am...myself.

I hear...the world go by.
I taste...all the food I can eat.
I think...about school and my friends.

I whisper...in class.
I am...loving this poem so far.

I want...to succeed.
I will...reach my goals.
I can...try to multitask.
I pretend...to be tough and strong.

I sing...with all the voices of the mountain.
I am...hilarious.

I dream...of the future.
I'm afraid...of losing my friends.
I say I'm sorry...all the time.
I love...those I'm close to.

I declare for the world to hear... I will be successful, just watch me.
I am... Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment